Today I finished the Wilton cake decorating course I. We mostly worked on making roses- which I'm not really good at, but was able to pull of a few descent ones :) I was kinda nervous about making a boring looking rose cake, do I tried to duplicate the colors I had in my wedding boquet. They turned out a little more neon-ish than I wanted but weren't to bad :p I also had a hard time deciding what to do on the rest of the cake. I think it turned out pretty over the top girly, but still pretty cute. I also had an extra 6" cake layer, so I decided to make this for more practice material...
I decided this looked like a Mexican wedding cake to me- i think because of the shell border :p It was fun taking this class, so much so that I signed up for course three to continue the party :) I'm sure I'll have many more cakes to show off later :p
Sent from my iPhone
4 comments:
that turned out really cute!! im excited to see what course 3 will create!
I'm jealous! I'd LOVE to take a cake decorating class! But then I'd probably start eating a LOT of cake.....
Way fun-you're very talented! I've always wanted to learn how to decorate cakes....maybe someday I'll be cool like you and take a class. :)
those look great Laura! If I lived close, I would totally take the classes with you guys!
Post a Comment