Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An intimidating recipe

I've never been really comfortable making bread. I get a little anxious about kneading for too long or not enough time. One of my aunties- my mom's sister- has a great recipe for pizza dough, however, and I wanted to try it out. The recipe calls for high gluten flour, which is kinda special. To buy said flour I ventured into my home town to visit the Lehi Roller Mills. It was the first time I've ever been inside-and it was kinda fun. I felt just a little more connected to that used-to-be-little place I spent my years growing up in :) I'm excited to try out this recipe, and perhaps one or two others with the whole wheat high gluten flour I talked myself into :) wish me luck!

3 comments:

Scott and Laura Bowles said...

cool! it it turns out for you, you should put it up on your cooking blog!

connie said...

So why did my heart melt when you wrote about "the little place you grew up in" ? Very weird mama

Shawn and Mish said...

Bread is fun. I have the easiest (and yummiest) whole wheat bread recipe. Let me know if you wanna try it.