Steve's wonderful parents take a trip to Hawaii every two years and invite all their kids and spouses to join in as an adults-only retreat. Steve and I have missed out on the trip each time since we got married (school finals the first year, and a breastfeeding 6 month old I couldn't leave the second time), but were able to sneak in one last escape and join the family this time! Being able to attend this trip was actually a big enough deal that we had made some decisions regarding when to have another baby based solely on the timing of the trip :P Things worked out, but just barely, and I was 33 weeks pregnant on the trip! (the not-so-conservative cutoff for flying is usually recommended to be 34 weeks....) We also had to work around leaving our little guy here in Utah, which was possibile thanks only to my amazing and kind parents who played the part of mom and dad to a 2 year old for a week (when normally their youngest is 17...! What a change!). Despite all this craziness, we had a very nice time enjoying the warmth, sun and relaxed timetable! I didn't take too many pictures, but I do have some fun ones to share.
 |
| Hawaiian shaved ice with a snow cap and haupia ice cream... mmm |
 |
| This is what happens when Steve tries to relax for too long and I get bored... |
 |
| Rambutan (sp?)- a special find at the farmers markets! |
 |
| Convenient that our little miss just happened to be th size of a pineapple this week? |
 |
| This is where I would like to live I think... (the water isn't usually this brown from what we heard- I just think it looks like a river of chocolate... ;) ) |
Highlights of the trip included my first facial ever, two fabulous massages (one being a couple's massage on the beach!), my crazy husband upgrading my steal of a deal economy car rental to a convertible ("for only $80 more!"), several amazing meals both out at restaurants and cooked at the condo, and some very entertaining conversations with my bonus family! :) Thanks to Mom and Dad Clark for a great vacation, and to Mom and Dad Pixton for allowing us one last kid free getaway before we transitioned to two kids!
1 comment:
love all the new posts! you are super woman!
Post a Comment