I officially graduated from BYU with my bachelors of science majoring in nursing. It's been a very long four and a half years, but has definitely prepared me for the next big step in my life... mommyhood! But not yet, so calm down everyone :) I've started orienting at American Fork hospital in their labor and delivery unit last week, and it has gone very well (it really helped out that I did my capstone there for three months!) The students in my nursing class organized a very nice dinner to celebrate graduation. It was great for me to spend time with the wonderful teachers and students who have all helped me get where I am today. 


Immediately after the cleanup for the party was done, Steve and I hit the road for Vegas! We drove pretty much all night and safely made it to Steve's grandpa and grandma Clark's place- where we crashed for the next few days. We had a great time with them! I also got to meet Steve's cousin Calli, her husband Matt, and their cute boy Dixon, and Steve's aunt Linda and uncle Brent. It was great for me to get to know everyone and become a better new family member :P
This was actually my first trip into Vegas, so we spent some time on the strip seeing all the cool hotels and Steve even talked me into doing that crazy ride on top of the Stratosphere- the big shot.... oh my gosh I was scared! It was definitely an adrenaline rush :) Anyway, here are a few of our pix from that trip.


The Bellagio was decked out for Christmas :) they had poinsettas everywhere in the garden area. They also have this wonderful chocolate fountain... how could i not get my picture with it!
And for all of you out there wondering, our cat Kutching is still doing great. He's as crazy as ever and so fun! It's fun to watch him discover new things like the Christmas tree and snow. He has gotten into a lot of trouble due to his fascination with the tree. He must be thinking something like this:
"Mom" has bought me a huge, fresh-smelling, scratching post with many shiny dangling toys. There are lots of levels of "shelves" - ideal for napping or hiding, depending on my energy level. At night, I am intrigued by flashing fireflies that flit all over it and I must chase them. I am the hunter and protector of the household! At the bottom are all these boxes I can also hide behind - some with ribbons and strings I can bat with my paw or chew.

Our Christmas was wonderful! We enjoyed time with both our families on Christmas eve and day. We both feel very blessed to have such amazing families and friends in our lives!
We hope that everyone's year has brought good things, and wish you all a very happy new year!
2 comments:
Laura! That's awesome that you were able to start work. You may not to mommyhood yet, but you'll sure know the deal when you are! Tell us what it's like to be a real live nurse (minus the license...)
-Laura
Congratulations on graduation! And you'll just have to let me know when that mommyhood comes along. I can tell you everything not to do now! Hehe. Looks like a fun vacation as well. Keep me posted on everything!
Post a Comment