Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The top 10's :)

So I'm sitting here at work tonight enjoying a very quiet shift :) On nights like this I often enjoy catching up on my "people" in the only sociably acceptable way there is at 3 AM, reading blogs. While flipping through blogs tonight, however, I sadly ended up being heartbroken a few times when I found only old posts! In a moment of shear inspiration (or perhaps pure arrogance) I realized that I might be causing the same heartbreaking feeling in the hearts of people who enjoy reading my rantings (though hopefully not at 4 AM). And so, for your reading delight- My top ten most exciting things of 2007... and hopeful top ten of 2008!
The top 10 of 2007:
1. Graduating magna cum laude from BYU's nursing program! Here I come real world :)
2. Celebrating one year being married to an amazing man who I adore
3. Starting a new job in Labor and Delivery as an RN in December
4. Buying an amazing new condo with 3 bedrooms! SOOO much space! (Another thank you to Dennison :) )
5. Enjoying vacations with the Pixtons in Montana, and the Clarks in Park City
6. Passing my NCLEX-PN (oh my gosh stressful test :( )
. Finding out that I'm pretty dang good at starting IV's :) (I'd started only about 5 before starting my capstone in labor and delivery- and I've hit about 95% of the 30+ I've attempted since then)
7. Starting a new job in the newborn ICU as a LPN in February
8. Adopting a kitty from the humane society (even though he's crazy now, we still love him!)
9. Doing my capstone clinicals in the exact same hospital and unit where I first decided I wanted to be a nurse (everything comes full circle!)
10. Watching BYU win in the holy war (k, really, all the football games were pretty fun :))

Stay tuned for the 2008 list!

3 comments:

Scott and Laura Bowles said...

hooray i love the updates!

Adele said...

You were causing me heartbreak! Thanks for updating!! Congrats on getting all those IV's! I love doing IV's!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

I love being updated in your life! Sounds like a great eventful year. Who knows what 2008 will bring?! Umm...I don't know what my bishops score is-the doc didn't say. On Tuesday I was dilated to 1.5, more then 50% effaced (last week I was 50%) and he didn't say the position this time, although last week I was at a -1. So I don't really know. I have another appointment tomorrow though before they induce me. We'll see-this is all so new!