Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My bi-monthly August/September post

So it goes :p I'm not making the once every other month posting official, but I'm definitely on that track right now! Life has been keeping us busy! Here are some of the highlights!

I finished my last wedding cake till baby is here! I was really, really happy with how it turned out. I only wish I could have seen the finished product with the flowers the bride's florist added!

I've continued getting more and more rotund :). These are a couple pictures of me at 16-17 weeks. The blue shirt is this current pregnancy, and red is with Jackson. I lost about 30 pounds between my two starting weights, and I can kinda tell :p Although I feel like I "popped" sooner, I definitely feel smaller overall :)



This is what happens while I try to sleep in a little later than Jack in the morning. He plays with "his" phone, and I end up getting about 50 (no seriously) random pictures of part of his head..... what a funny kid!

Steve and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! I am so lucky to have him as mine. He is completely my perfect match, and he complements me in every way. I love that we are still such good friends and that we still like to be together. A lot changes in a relationship after being married/living together for five years, having a baby, and going through many life changes- thankfully, it has made our marriage stronger. We spent our celebration in Park City getting a couples massage and then getting dinner and spending a night away at the Stein Erickson lodge! It was heaven! A huge thank you goes out to my lovely sister Kim for babysitting the biz! It is amazing how different (in a great way) it is to be together without a two year old underfoot!
We are still complete goofs- it was fun to remember this part of our friendship! And feel fancy in the nice hotel robes!

My handsome guy outside on the hotel grounds :) Love this man!!

We celebrated Jack's (belated) 2 year birthday with Steve's side of the family. It was lots of fun, and Jack got a couple new airplane toys (which are all the rage in our house recently, along with trains of course ;) )

I made it to my halfway point in the pregnancy! I actually do not intend to go past about 39 weeks, so 20 is more than halfway there ;) but you get it. I don't think I really look to much different, but I do feel like I'm starting to waddle a little already, along with enjoy the lovely 3rd trimester discomfort heartburn (wait.... I've had that since the first trimester! :p). I love feeling this little baby move, and feel like the time is moving much faster than with my first pregnancy (especially now that I'm not so sick!). Pink shirt is current pregnancy, black is with Jack


We got to go to Kimmy's graduation- another BYU cougar in the family :) Congrats Kim!!


Jack is also showing signs of leaning towards becoming a BYU student.... ;)


And finally... we found out that baby Clark #2 is officially a GIRL! I'm very glad that I have the hook ups with my OB's at work and access to an ultrasound, because I actually don't even have my ultrasound appointment till this Friday! I'll be 22 weeks... and not knowing the gender by now would probably just about kill me ;) I'll post pictures from that (probably in November- lol), but for now just know that I am enjoying finding cute girl things that I love and feeling completely justified in buying them! Now to come up with a name!

4 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

So fun! Love the update. Your wedding cake is beautiful!! Your cute prego belly is, well...cute. And girls are so much fun, you will love having one of each!

Adele said...

Whoo Whoo!!!! A girl!!! Girls are so much fun!!! BTW- You look absolutely amazing! Nice going on the weight loss between pregnancies! You look fantabulous!

That wedding cake is beautiful! You have a talent!!!

Laura Bowles said...

hooray! love the update! you dont even look prego in the latest pictures! so excited about the girl! keep us updated about potential names! that cake turned out amazing!! and happy anniversary a little late ;)

Kari said...

Yay! So many fun things! Your cake looks Amazing! You look so cute with your prego belly and a girl is so exciting!