Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Today's project

Another great co-worker commissioned me to make a cake for her grand daughters 3rd birthday. I had seen this cute tiara before and was so excited to try it out- it's made entirely of icing! I'm really happy with how cute it turned out! I'm also realizing that I'm definitely going to need a baby girl sometime in my childbearing years... A little boy just wouldn't (and really probably shouldn't) get too excited about this kinda thing :p
Sent from my iPhone

8 comments:

Lady Rynn said...

So cute, Laura! You are amazing! I'm sooo glad you're helping me with my sister's wedding cake! You're a life saver!

Blake and Laura said...

Oh my gosh, that cake is great! It's really good! My daughter would be all over that cake. I bet this little 3 year old is going to be so excited for that cake. Simple, but amazing!

Angela said...

That is AWESOME! I totally want to know where you got the pattern/idea for the crown. It turned out so awesome! I need to try that out...

Laura Bowles said...

amazing! such an awesome talent you have!

JessWilson said...

Wow! Amazing detail on the tiara. And I totally agree with you on the girl thing. :)

JessWilson said...

P.S. Love the picture on your header!

Laura said...

I got the idea on cakecentral Angela :) They have some beautiful templates for crowns too :)

connie said...

I might need one like this for my birthday... :) so glad the teacher piped in with a compliment. Hope she got to see your dr. cake too.