Monday, February 8, 2010

Sleeping in the big bed

Steve and I have jokingly referred to our bed as "the big bed" for a long time. Kutching has always thought it's a great place to sleep, whether or not we're in it as well :p Enter Jack. When we brought Jack home, we pretty naturally started co-sleeping, sometimes with him in the bassinett sleeping next to us, and sometimes he ended up in bed with us. Because I'm breastfeeding, we would both often (and still do) fall asleep during middle of the night feedings. It works for us- and I say do what works for you :) combine these two stories and this picture comes as no surprise. I love it- these two little dudes, sleeping and snuggling on the "big bed!"
Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Laura Bowles said...

adorable!! he is getting big!!

Holly June said...

Super cute!
And I agree. After nearly 6 months of extreme colic, my motto also became, "Do what works for you and gets you sleep!" Too bad Kenadie will never sleep with us and only likes her crib! Sometimes it would be nice to cozy next to the sleeping babe in bed..... :)

Sarah said...

Very cute. Although this will end once he falls of the bed and you think of yourself as the worst mother ever. Or is that just me? (it won't happen with you in the bed... just nap time)