Friday, April 8, 2011

Out with the old

In our attempt to re-decorate our home, we came to the conclusion that it was time to upgrade a few of the things that we had around the house- couch, table, entertainment center. We have had all these things since we got married (almost 5 years ago!) and along with a far amount of wear and tear, we have had our style evolve quite a bit, so it was just time to shake things up. It was more difficult than I thought it would be to say goodbye to our furniture- I think I'm overly emotional :p We were able to sell everything we wanted to get rid of on KSL which was a very convienient way to take care of things- people came and picked things up from our house and left us with a little cash for doing so :) Here's a little final tribute to the things that served us so well!

Ha ha, the TV was the first and the stand was the last to go. Love the old school big box TV. Love the 80's style stand (that we bought brand new in 2006) even more!

Such a cute table :) Just not enough room for us and any other friends that come over!

This couch- love it! So good for our little family- pudding spills/cookies/cereal clean up really easily :)

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

That's SO exciting about getting new things! I love when that happens. Your cakes look amazing Laura, did you just start doing them or have you taken classes?

Ashley said...

aww! that's cool that you'll be getting new stuff to suit your needs better, but at the same time I feel sad for you too! Even though it's just STUFF that can be replaced.. it's been with you guys for a long time!!