Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Second Wedding Cake!

My sweet friend Amanda asked me to do her wedding cake for her last weekend, and it was a great experience. Having done a wedding cake once before, I had learned a lot of valuable lessons, and this cake went fairly smoothly. I started the process on Wednesday (making the frosting), baked a bunch of cake on Thursday, decorated on Friday, and finished decorating on Saturday. That was the perfect timeline! Sorry to bore with so many cake pictures, but it is definitely a very momentous accomplishment for me!


The completely baked cakes! The largest was 12" from edge to edge!

Filling and layering!

Friday night finished product- ready for detail!



Stacked and displayed at the reception


The beautiful bride!


3 comments:

Laura Bowles said...

it turned out so great! im glad this one went smoother than the last one :)

Lady Rynn said...

Its awesome seeing your cake projects, Laura. I need to schedule a day sometime where I get you to teach me some of your caking tricks. I'll be making a dragon cake for Christopher's sister to celebrate her birthday on Thanksgiving. I really do enjoy seeing your cakes. I'm glad things went better this time for you.

Adele said...

So beautiful! I love the pictures!!