Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Skiing at Brighton

Yesterday Steve, Jack and I got to go skiing with the Pixton family! We were very excited as last year we didn't get to go skiing at all since I was expecting. We met up with my dad and siblings at Brighton bright and early. As luck would have it, I forgot my coat in Orem- and didn't realize it until we got to the resort! In the end, though, it all worked out fine because Steve and I switched out on Jack duty inside anyway, so whoever was skiing took the coat and the other person just hung out in the nice warm lodge with our little man :) It was a beautiful day for skiing with just enough snow falling to keep a lot of the crowds away and provide some fantastic powder! I got to go on a couple green/blue runs with Jacob, Kim and Aubrey, and Steve hit up a couple black diamonds with Joseph. My awesome mom sent up a delicious lunch- some homemade chili in a thermos, fritos, and crackers, and we had brought up sugar cookies that I made a few days earlier. It was quite the feast and so perfect for the cold day! Jack did great and enjoyed some fun time with his grandpa Pixton and aunts and uncles. We are so glad we got to have such a fun day, and (despite our aching backs and legs) are looking forward to doing it again! Thanks for the party Dad!

2 comments:

Scott and Laura Bowles said...

looks and sounds way fun!

Holly June said...

Your little guy is so stinkin' cute! He's going to be a heart breaker someday. I'm so glad we decided to arrange a marriage between he and Kenadie :)