First a little Thanksgiving recap. We had a blast enjoying some fun activities with both our families. On Wednesday night Steve and I attended "Pie School" with Chris Clark (Steve's mom) and the Clark sister's. Steve's mom is known for her pie crusts and delectable fillings, so learning from the master was definitely a privilege! While we may not be quite masters ourselves, we are definitely on our way to being able to hold our own in the pie making sphere :P Thanks momma Clark! By the way, these are not our pies... ours looked (and definitely tasted) better!
Thanksgiving day we played it pretty easy in the morning (well, Steve played it easy in the morning... I missed morning enjoying an extra bit of sleep!), and then hit up both my grandparent's grand Thanksgiving feast and Steve's family's pie party to enjoy our creations. We are so blessed to live close to both our families! These sweet potatoes are here to signify all that is wonderful about Thanksgiving.... mmmmm.... sweet potatoes with marshmallows!!!
Another fun part of Thanksgiving for Steve and I was sharing some fun news with our families... we're going to be parents! Introducing...... Bluebie Clark (thanks to Kimmy Poo for a preliminary name for our little tiny)
We are absolutely stoked about our new journey in life together... raising a human! LOL :) Our Estimated Date of Confinement (or "due date" in layman's terms... for all you normal people who are not labor and delivery nurses...) is July 4th, 2009. I'm really hoping I don't deliver on the 4th, to be honest though.... it is one of my favorite holidays and I would be so sad to miss yummy barbeque's for hospital food... ask me in a few months though and maybe that will all change :P This lovely picture is courtesy of yours truly playing around with the ultrasound machine on the labor and delivery unit on one very quiet evening... and I think it's pretty amazing for my first try :) Can you see the cute little legs on the left side?
Anyway, that's pretty much it for us and November... and holy cow can you believe it's December already?!? I really can't... there hasn't been nearly enough Christmas time snow! :( Steve has been working super hard to finish papers for all his classes- which all end on Thursday! Yea! Of course then there are finals... but the end is deliciously in sight! I'm so proud of my studious man and the hard work he does both in his job and in his education! He's a tough one!
I'll try to be better about posting... but now that I have the pregnancy card to play... I might be too lazy sometimes :P We'll see ;)
11 comments:
Wahoo!!! Congrats!!! I am so excited for you Laura!!! Babies are so great... not that I would really know because mine still hasn't shown his face... but trust me... by 4th of July, you're going to be threatening your child to GET OUT!!! and you probably won't even care about 4th of July BBQ's! We are so excited for you and Steve!!!
Hurray!! Congratulations!!! We are so so so excited for both of you. You are going to love being a mom!! Hurray!!! Hey, we come into town soon....we need to get together if possible!! Again, congrats!!
CONGRATS!!! I am telling you, its going to come on the 8th or 9th. Logan was due on the 3rd and didnt come till the 8th and we totally have a cousin vibe thing going. Have you guys hit the totaly freak out over your soon to be parenthood yet? Those were good times for us. What are you guys doing for Christmas eve? We are coming down for a quick visit and want to make sure the annual Pixton Christmas Eve Event takes place!
hooray for the updated blog post i was waitin for it :D
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! That is so great. Wow, its just so much fun-this baby raising thing-messy but fun. We are so happy for you!
Congrats! Yeah for this new exciting stage of your life.
Congratulations Laura! It's a blast.
Yea! Congrats you guys! I am soooo, sooooo, soooo excited for you! Enjoy such a fun time! I hope you are feeling well!
congratulations!! new babies are always so exciting!
Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting! How are you feeling? Pregnancy is quite the journey, but the end result is pretty amazing! You're going to be darling parents!
Way to go! you'll be fabulous parents!
Post a Comment