For the very last weekend in September, Steve and I took off to the mountains for a last minute campout! I worked almost every weekend either Friday or Saturday this whole Summer, so getting out to camp has been almost impossible till now. However, I have recently been hired exclusively at American Fork Hospital (where I was working at three different hospitals up until the change), and have a very nice set schedule which is more condusive to getting away. Steve gets out of class at 4:30, so he took off and found us a nice campsite in Hope campground (up by Squaw Peak in Provo canyon). After I got off work at 6:30, I got groceries and made my way up to join him.
We had such a great time! We made tin foil dinners and peach dump cake (Steve's favorite!) for dinner and pancakes and bacon (again, Steve's favorite :p) for breakfast! The weather was perfect and it was so nice to be so far away from the rush of everyday life for just a night :) We're already planning more fun escapes next Summer!

3 comments:
looks so fun. i am sad scott and i never made it camping. maybe next year we can all go together somehow.
Way to go! Ben's so proud of you guys, and jealous too! He bought a tent last year, and we still haven't used it yet, and I get blamed for that all the time! I just can't see camping in FLorida being "true" camping, ya know? You just gotta have the Utah mountains! Looks like a lot of fun!
Oops, looks I downloaded the same background-man we have good taste! Looks like a fun mountainous getaway!
Post a Comment