Saturday, June 7, 2008

Home Projects!

After a wonderful vacation, it's been nice to come back and have a renewed energy for all the responsibilities of life. One thing I really was excited to get back to was a couple of home projects I've been wanting to do. The last couple of weeks have been especially productive- and i wanted to show off my handiwork :)
Since we moved in last August, I've really wanted to put some shelves into our hall closet. We really have plenty of hanger space, but very little shelf space. I have finally started! This project is one I'm going to have to do a follow up on- as it's not completed yet, but so far this is what I've done.


Before!












Getting there!!!








Another thing that really needed to get update was out bedding. We've had the same set since we got married, which has been wonderful to us- but it was getting a little ragged (thanks a lot for the claw marks Kutching....). So we got an awesome new bedding set! It's microfiber, so it's super soft. Pretty much feels like sleeping on a cloud.....
My last project has been a really fun one for me to do- I started a mini garden! It all started with a sisters day ( one day a week all my mom's sisters get together for something fun, and sometimes i go too :) ) where we planted herb gardens. After I left the sisters day, i went out and bought myself some seeds for tomatoes and banana peppers and i don't remember what else, but i guess I'll eventually find out :) And they've started to grow! Yea, I don't have a black thumb!








In the beginning...no little plants yet!


Can you see them!? They are kind of tiny but they are there!!!







2 comments:

Scott and Laura Bowles said...

how fun! we would totally help you with the projects if we were still up there. your place will look so different when we visit you in October!

Sarah said...

wow - that a lot you got done. Do you rent? Cause your landlord is nice to let you do that.